Saturday 17 May 2014

Greatest ever Mod (Box Set)

I certainly don´t agree with the Statements "Greatest" and  "the definitive collection" as it certainly isn´t,  but it´s got a few cracking tunes, admitedly run of the mill and nowt out of the ordinary but still good tunes and for a couple of quid you can´t really complain.  There are certainly better collections out there, March of the Mods for example, one´s which don´t include the likes of the  Specials, the Beat, and Madness which, although good in thier own rights,  are two-tone and not Mod. More of an  Introduction into Mod Music rather than something for devotees. I´ve added it to my collection so I can have it in the car as most of my collection is on Vinyl.

Track listing;
CD 1
1. All Or Nothing - Small Faces
2. Good Morning Girl - David Bowie
3. For Your Love - The Yardbirds
4. Have Love Will Travel - The Sonics
5. We Gotta Get Out Of This Place - The Animals
6. Gimme Some Lovin' - The Spencer Davis Group
7. Uptight - Stevie Wonder
8. He Was Really Sayin' Something - The Velvelettes
9. Nowhere To Run - Martha Reeves & The Vandellas
10. Rescue Me - Fontella Bass
11. Land Of 1000 Dances - Wilson Pickett -
12. Do I Love You (Indeed I Do) - Frank Wilson
13. Ain't That Peculiar - Marvin Gaye
14. Got To Get You Into My Life - Cliff Bennett & The Rebel Rousers
15. Watermelon Man - Mongo Santamaria
16. Open the Door To Your Heart - Darrell Banks
17. I'll Keep On Holding On - The Action
18. I'm Rowed Out - The Eyes
19. Sha La La La Lee - Small Faces
20. Making Time - The Creation
CD2
1. Nothing But A Heartache - The Flirtations
2. The Night - Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
3. Beggin' - Timebox
4. Cool Jerk - The Capitols
5. This Old Heart Of Mine (Is Weak For You) - The Isley Brothers
6. I Spy (For the F.B.I.) - Jamo Thomas & His Party Brothers Orchestra
7. Band Of Gold - Freda Payne
8. There's A Ghost In My House - R. Dean Taylor -
9. Brother Can You Spare A Dime? - The Artwoods
10. Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart - The Supremes
11. Let's Wade In The Water - Marlena Shaw
12. Think It Over (Before You Break My Heart) - Brenda Holloway
13. Little By Little - Dusty Springfield
14. Finger Poppin' - Ike & Tina Turner
15. Smokestack Lightning - Howlin' Wolf
16. Train To Skaville - The Ethiopians
17. A Message To You, Rudy - The Specials
18. The Prince - Madness
19. Can't Get Used To Losing You - The Beat
20. My World - Secret Affair
CD 3
1. Green Onions - Booker T & The MGs
2. Comin' Home Baby - Mel Tormé
3. Walking The Dog - Rufus Thomas
4. Dimples - John Lee Hooker
5. The In Crowd - Dobie Gray
6. Fortune Teller - Benny Spellman
7. Wooly Bully - Sam The Sham & The Pharoahs
8. Louie Louie - The Kingsmen 
9. Money (That's What I Want) - Barrett Strong
10. Soulville - Aretha Franklin
11. Shop Around - The Miracles
12. I've Got A Woman - Ray Charles
13. Poison Ivy - The Coasters
14. Night Train - James Brown
15. Cry Baby - Garnet Mimms & The Enchanters
16. Leaving Here - Eddie Holland
17. Zoot Suit - The High Numbers
18. Lipstick Traces (On A Cigarette) - Benny Spellman
19. Boom Boom - John Lee Hooker
20. Coal Miner - Nappy Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment